Nico’s Frozen Mojito Cheesecake (including Thermomix Method)
Join me via Thermomix in Australia’s FACEBOOK LIVE session on Thursday October 29th at 2pm (Perth – AWST) to watch me make my Frozen Mojito Cheesecake!
As we eagerly await those warm days of summer to arrive, let’s get ready to “Celebrate Summer” with one of our most popular dessert recipes from our “Surf & Turf BBQ Passion” class and included in our “Delicious Journeys” cookbook.
As many of you know, I love “make ahead” desserts and this one is perfect for easy, stress-free entertaining as you can make it up to one month beforehand, then bring it out of the freezer to defrost just a little and then serve! The amazing thing about this recipe is I’ve been able to prepare it in less than 20 minutes, it is that easy!!
For all of you Thermomixers out there, I am super excited that Thermomix in Australia have included this recipe in my Cookidoo collection – “Celebrate Summer with Nico Moretti” along with nine other great summer inspired recipes. Happy Thermomixing!
(serves 10 -12)
160g Granita or Butternut Snap biscuits (or a mixture of each)
50g butter, diced
250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
½ cup caster sugar
2 limes, zested
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp White Cuban Rum
2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
300ml whipping cream
- Place biscuits & cubed chilled butter into bowl and process: 10-20sec | SP5 until combined and mixture is moist.
- Gently press into base of a 22cm springform cake tin or 12-cup muffin tray and refrigerate or place in freezer while preparing cheesecake mixture.
- Add sugar, lime zest and mint leaves into TM bowl and chop 10-15 sec | SP9. Scrape down sides and repeat until all peel and leaves are chopped.
- Add cheese to bowl and mix until combined and fluffy: 1 min | SP4. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Add lime juice and rum and blend a further 10sec | SP4. Either set aside or in a separate TM bowl, insert BUTTERFLY and whip cream: 20 sec | SP4 until whipped and firm.
- Add cheese mixture to whipped cream mixture and combine 6 sec | SP4 | Reverse. Scrape down sides and mix: 3 sec | SP 3 | Reverse.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the biscuit base and smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours, or overnight, before serving. Serve either fully or partially frozen.
- Melt butter. Crush or process biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Place into a bowl and add enough melted butter to just moisten all biscuits. Too much butter will cause biscuit base to become too hard when frozen.
- Press into base of a 22cm springform cake tin or 12-cup muffin tray and refrigerate or place in freezer until set.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese & sugar, on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set to low speed, then gradually mix (or fold in by hand) the lime zest, lime juice, rum and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the biscuit base and smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours before serving. Serve either fully or partially frozen.