Thermomix Sri Lanka Curry Passion
These are some of my favourite Sri Lankan dishes taught to me by grandmothers, mothers, cooks and chefs during our travels through Sri Lanka, and which I have converted to the Thermomix, making them even easier to prepare.
Let us show you how easy and quickly Sri Lankan curries can be prepared in your Thermomix at this class which is bursting with the flavours from the Spice Island! Unlike Indian curries, Sri Lankan curries come together with a minimal amount of ingredients & spices and with the help of your Thermomix, many can be prepared in less than 60 minutes!
Our “Thermomix Sri Lankan Curry Passion” class will suit all TM users whether you have a TM31, TM5 or TM6, so come along and be introduced to some great new curry recipes that cater perfectly for all diets, including vegetarian & vegan.
“I attended Nico Moretti’s “Thermomix Sri Lanka Cooking Experience” on September 13th and I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. nico is lovely, so entertaining without being over the top. I learnt so much and yesterday made the Sri Lankan Chicken Curry, Red Lentil Tarka Dahl and Mint & Spiced Yoghurt. I also started the Roti and tonight have cooked the potato filling for the Roti. Hopefully I’ll get those done and in the freezer for another time. I also made the Sri Lankan Curry Powder (doubled it) and gave half to my son who was returning to his job in Vietnam. My dishes where quite a bit hotter than Nicos, although my green chillies were huge and where the recipe stated 1-2, of course went for two. Fab night!”…Sue
In this 2-hour class, you will be shown how to prepare a selection of my favourite Sri Lankan curries, as well as another favourite Sri Lanka dish – Stuffed Vegetable Roti.
Sri Lankan Short Eats
- Godamba Roti (V) – A handmade flat crispy bread similar to the roti canai of Malaysia and paratha of India. Used to create Sri Lankan Vegetable Stuffed Roti and Chicken Kotthu.
- Sri Lankan Stuffed Vegetable Roti (V) – Found all over Sri Lanka these tasty “short eats” are the perfect snack to have anytime during the day. These are filled with a spiced potato mixture, wrapped in roti pastry and then grilled on a hot pan.
Sri Lankan Curries
- Sri Lankan Chicken Curry (GF) – made without curry paste but with a handmade Sri Lankan Curry Powder, this is one of the easiest to prepare chicken curries and ready in 45 minutes.
- Sri Lankan Beetroot Curry (V / Vegan) (GF) – Sri Lankan’s love beetroot, and this is a regular in a rice & curry meal. Packed with nutrients and anti-oxidants, spice is kept to a minimum so it can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Sri Lankan Dahl (V / Vegan) (GF) – red lentils transformed into a wonderful vegetable dahl.
- Pol Sambol (V / Vegan) (GF) – No rice and curry is complete without a few accompanying sambols, used to add an extra dash of flavour (and heat) to the dishes on offer. This grated coconut, chilli, and lime sambol is one of my favourites.