Nico's "Secrets of Bali" Gourmet Luxury Retreat
"NEW" Nico's "SECRETS OF BALI" GOURMET LUXURY RETREAT
Another UNIQUE cooking passions "Small-Group" Food & Culture Experience
- 2 PLACES REMAINING -
*Expressions of Interest for our 2014 "Secrets of Bali Tour" in June 2014 are currently being accepted. Please email email@example.com and we will place you on our Pre-Notice List.
"ALiLA Manggis" (EAST BALI)
"Alam Jiwa Boutique Hotel" Nhuykuning Village (UBUD)
8 Days / 7 Nights of All Inclusive Balinese Luxury (Land Content)
Date : Tuesday 18 June 2013 to Tuesday 25 June 2013
$AUD1560pp (Double/Twin Occupancy) - $AUD195pp per day
$AUD2080pp (Single Occupancy - Own Room) - $AUD260 per day
Non-Cooking Participants WELCOME - Less $AUD260
Join Nico & Belinda of cooking passions cooking school, as they share with you their own "secrets" of the island paradise of Bali in June 2013. Enjoy a week of luxurious & peaceful days (far from the lights and bustle of downtown Kuta/Seminyak), and experience the essence of the real Bali.
This unique and exciting 8 Day / 7 Night Luxury Retreat will allow you the opportunity to experience two of Bali's most beautiful and relaxing destinations - the natural, seaside hideaway of ALiLA Manggis in East Bali; and the peaceful mountain sanctuary of Alam Jiwa, in the the beautiful village of Nyuhkuning, a small woodcarvers village situated along a tranquil river valley and just a short walk to Ubud through its famous Monkey Forest.
After many years of travelling and escorting groups to Bali, Nico & Belinda will share with you some of their favourite "hidden corners" of these two locations, while allowing you plenty of free time to indulge in your own relaxation or exploration.
- Relaxing "time out" poolside or on a rice terrace view balcony at two intimate Balinese luxury resorts;
- Revitalise the senses with traditional Balinese cooking classes; Balinese village cycling excursion and Balinese Eating Experiences;
- Indulge in the enticing spa treatments on offer at some of Ubud's and ALiLA's famous spas:
- Temptation of the wonderful tastes and freshness of Balinese cuisine, and of fascinating and irresistible buys from designer boutiques to Balinese antiques and handicrafts in Ubud;
- Time and Space to reflect, away from the routine and pace of life at home
cooking passions cooking tours are designed so you can do as much or as little as you like, while allowing you plenty of free time to explore and immerse yourselves in the sights, shopping and eating that YOU want to experience (we’ll be happy to provide suggestions and tips on some of our Bali favourites). We’ve arranged all of the accommodations, cooking classes, cultural Balinese excursions and most meals, so that all you have to do is book your preferred flight, pack a bag, a sense of adventure and join us for an unforgettable and unique Balinese experience!!
- Private Transfers (Airport to ALiLA Manggis (East Bali); Alam Jiwa (Ubud) to Airport or Seminyak)
- 3-Night stay in Deluxe luxury accommodation at ALiLA Manggis, East Bali
- 4-Night stay in Deluxe luxury accommodation at ALAM JIWA BOUTIQUE HOTEL, Nyuhkuning Village, Ubud
- Daily Breakfast
- Balinese Cuisine & Culture Experiences including :
- "A Day in the Village" Walking Tour & Cooking Class in East Bali - A unique opportunity to explore traditional Balinese life "off the beaten track" before a wonderful "hands-on" (for those that would like to) cooking class at Bali Asli, East Bali's newest cooking school and restaurant.
- East Bali Traditional Market Tour at Klungkung
- Cafe Wayan Balinese Cooking Class - A hands-on cooking class with one of Ubud's most famous restaurants - Cafe Wayan. Ibu Wayan's daughter, Metri, will share with us her love of Balinese food, conducted in the gardens of Cafe Wayan's sister restaurant Laka Leke in the village of Nyuhkuning.
- "Real Bali" Downhill Cycling Excursion - Witness the "real" Bali up close with a gentle (not much peddling, but more braking) downhill cycling excursion which explores the beautifully terraced rice paddies and small villages of central Bali.
- Mozaic Restaurant (UBUD) Cooking Experience - An exclusive cooking class at one of Bali's and South East Asia's most acclaimed restaurants - Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique - and it's luxuriously appointed "The Workshop" cooking class.
- ALILA MANGGIS Resort Hospitalities :
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Peppermint cool towel upon group arrival and excursions
- Complimentary shuttle service to Candidasa (ALiLA Manggis) based on hotel schedule
- Daily complimentary afternoon tea with Balinese sweets served poolside from 3 to 5pm
- Complimentary Yoga and Tai Chi sessions, based on hotel scheduled classes
- ALAM JIWA BOUTIQUE Hotel Hospitalities :
- Daily complimentary afternoon tea with Balinese sweets served poolside
- Free transport into centre of Ubud
- Free return transport to hotel from Cafe Wayan Restaurant
- On arrival in Bali, you will be met at the airport for your Private air-conditioned transfer to ALiLA Manggis, a one and a half hour drive along Bali's East Coast.
THE RESORT - ALiLA MANGGIS - One of Bali's best kept secrets, ALiLA Manggis is a secluded, luxury seaside resort in Manggis, East Bali. Set amidst a coconut grove, the resort is nestled between the sea and the majestic Mount Agung, Bali's most sacred mountain. The resort is a perfect base from which to explore unspoiled East Bali, renowned for its spectacular beauty, where the steep rise from coast to mountain creates magical scenery. Here the local people follow a traditional lifestyle, whether it is cultivating rice, farming, weaving baskets and the famous double ikat textiles or salt making. The waters east of Manggis teem with rich and diverse marine life and are home to seven wondrous dive sites.
YOUR ROOM - Your Deluxe Room boasts a private balcony and relaxing day bed designed to maximise the clear views across the resort's coconut grove, stunning swimming pool and beautiful seaviews towards the straits of Nusa Penida island.
- FREE DAY - Following your arrival at the beautiful and relaxing ALiLA Manggis resort, the rest of your day is a chance for you to relax and take in the peaceful serenity of this stylish seaside resort, set amidst a coconut grove with ocean views. Laze around the pool; chillout in the "bale" overlooking the sea; organize a snorkeling excursion with ALiLA’s Leisure Concierge; take the Hotel Shuttle service into Candidasa to do some sightseeing or shopping; or indulge yourself with a Spa ALiLA treatment.
- Afternoon Tea - cups of steaming hot tea and luscious little Balinese sweets - is served daily from 3pm to 5pm, taken either poolside or from the privacy of your verandah of your room.
- Evening at your leisure - Indulge in the delights of ALiLA Manggis' Executive Chef Santika cuisine at Sea Salt Restaurant or take the Hotel Shuttle service into Candidasa for dinner.
- am – A la Carte Breakfast at SeaSalt Restaurant, at your leisure
- 8am – Group Departure for cooking class participants to Jerak Manis Village in East Bali. Non-cooking class participants can just relax at the resort for the day, or for those that might like to explore some of East Bali's fascinating villages, rice terraces, and water palaces, ALiLA's Leisure Concierges are available to assist you.
- 9am - "A Day in the Village" Walking Tour - Situated in the foothills of Bali's most sacred mountain, the spectacular Mt Agung, is the tiny East Bali village of Jerak Manis and home to Bali Asli Cooking School operated by the lovely Penny Williams (former Executive Chef of ALiLA Manggis). Upon arrival at Bali Asli, Penny and her trekking guide will lead us into Pangi village where we will have a peek into the daily life of the Balinese; enjoy breathtaking view over ocean, fields and mountains; and get to bathe our feet in pure spring water before returning to Bali Asli to learn to cook a Balinese feast.
- 10:30am - 2:30pm - Bali Asli "Hands-On" Cooking Class Experience - Situated with idyllic views over the rice terraces below Mt Agung, our cooking class stations are set with a large volcanic rock "mortar & pestle" (ulekan), as we are taught the names of the various vegetables, herbs and spices which will form the basis for the different Balinese dishes we will learn to prepare. Under the care of Bali Asli's Chef/Owner Penny Williams and her staff, we are taken through a series of traditional East Balinese dishes. We will then savour the morning's handiwork with lunch set overlooking the Bali's holiest and most majestic volcanic mountains. * For anyone with any specific Dietary Requirements, please don't hesitate in letting us know and we will be happy to cater to your requirements.
- Evening at your leisure - Use ALiLA's Courtesy Shuttle service into Candidasa to do some site seeing or shopping; or indulge yourself with a Spa ALiLA treatment in their seaside treatment cabana.
- 7:30am to 9:30am - East Balinese Traditional Market Visit to Klungkung - join us as we visit East Bali's largest traditional market in the village of Klungkung. As we will mostly be the only non-Balinese people wandering through the markets, you'll take in the sights, smells and sounds of an Asian produce market selling everything from fresh fruits & vegetables, to meat & fish, ceremony offerings and decorations...a truly unique Balinese experience for all of your senses.
- A la Carte Breakfast at SeaSalt Restaurant, at your leisure, (*for those that don't want to visit the market).
- FREE DAY - The rest of our last day is at your leisure, an excellent opportunity to chill out and relax before our departure to Ubud tomorrow. Alternatively, the ALiLA Leisure Concierges' can arrange for any Day Trips for you to explore the fascinating villages, rice terraces, and water palaces of East Bali.
- 7pm - "ALiLA Coconut Grove" Group Dinner - for our final night in East Bali, ALiLA's Executive Chef, Santika will prepare a selection of SeaSalt's famous traditional and contemporary dishes, to be enjoyed in the relaxing surrounds of ALiLA's candle-lit seaside coconut grove.
Day 4 - Arrival "Relax & Unwind" (Nyukuning Village, Ubud)
- Breakfast at your leisure
- 10am - Checkout from ALiLA Manggis - Transfer to Alam Jiwa, in Nyuhkuning Village (Ubud), a beautiful two hour drive through the lush, rice-terraced fields of Central Bali.
- Evening at your leisure - join Nico as he takes those interested to one of his favourite local Ubud restaurants for a unique local Balinese night out, or head into Ubud for an evening walk & dinner, or to take in one of the famous Balinese dance performances, that Ubud is famous for.
- Breakfast at your leisure
- Morning & Afternoon at your leisure - Relax poolside; laze on your terrace reading a book; go for a spa treatment or massage; or visit Ubud for some shopping and sightseeing.
- 4pm – Traditional Balinese "Hands-On" Cooking Class & Dinner - In the idyllic setting of the spacious gardens surrounding Cafe Wayan's sister restaurant in Nhuykuning, Laka Leke, Ibu Wayan's daugher, Metri, will share with us her love of Balinese cooking. Following the preparation of some classic Balinese dishes we will enjoy dinner in one of the garden pavilions surrounding the restaurant and cooking school.
- Evening at your leisure - Cocktails at one of Nico & Belinda's favourite Ubud bars or visit Ubud's Jazz Club for an evening of music. Take in one of the famous Balinese dance performances held at the Ubud Royal Palace.
- Breakfast at your leisure
- 8am to Noon & Lunch - "Gentle Downhill Cycle Tour" (OPTIONAL) - For those interested in a little light exercise, today we will see a Bali other visitors sometimes never experience. Setting off from one of Bali's central volcanic mountains we will mountain bike through the heartland of Bali, travelling downhill on non tourist, secret back roads and minor village roads with minimal traffic. We will experience typical Balinese daily life and enjoy the beautiful Balinese countryside to Ubud. We will ride through lush forested areas, rice terrace panoramas and pass adorable Balinese children callling out "hellos" and wanting "high fives" on the way down. After the ride, lunch will be served set in the serene surrounds of rice paddies. Lunch is a delectable Balinese feast including Ubud's other famous dish "Bebek Betutu (Balinese Smoked Duck)" . Special dietary requirements can also be catered for, so please don't hesitate in letting us know.
- Rest of the Day and Evening at your leisure - Nico & Belinda can offer you some suggestions on the best places to go for a Balinese Spa Treatment; which Happy Hours are good; what museums to check out, or just simply relax!!
Day 7 - "Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique" - The Workshop - Cooking Class
- Breakfast at your leisure
1pm - Mozaic's THE WORKSHOP Cooking Class - The Asian Ingredients in Western Cuisine class at Mozaic will have us learning techniques and methods in which to create subtle balances between the ingredients found all across South East Asia and traditional or modern Western cuisine. The class will teach us how to select produce, prepare them and marry them to Western dishes and methods of preparation.
For our final cooking experience in Bali, we will be immersed in one of South East Asia's most luxurious cooking schools, headed by Executive Chef Chris Salans. The Workshop @ Mozaic is a modern and unique culinary school and lifestyle venue equipped with sleek state-of-the-art Miele equipment and a Private Dining Room whose interiors are designed by Vinoti Living.
Mozaic's luxury cooking class will bring all of our previous lessons together by using the freshest Balinese ingredients and applying the philosophy of Mozaic through cooking techniques of Western and Modern French cuisine, to take home with you.
- Rest of Afternoon & Evening at your leisure - As our last day in Ubud, the rest of the day is yours to do any last minute touring, shopping, or relaxing.
- Breakfast at your leisure
- 10am - Checkout from Alam Jiwa - For those returning to the airport, we have arranged for your Private Transfer to the Airport, or for those continuing on in Bali, a transfer to your hotel in the Kuta/Legian/Seminyak area.
BOOKINGS & BOOKING DEADLINE
To secure your places, please contact Nico Moretti at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9228 0507, and we will forward you a cooking passions Booking Form. Alternatively, please click here to download a "Secret's of Bali" Booking Form with all of the details. We look forward to hosting you on this very special Bali experience!!
Booking Deadline : 01 December 2012 (or until places remain available)
Booking Deposit : A $AUD300 non-refundable BOOKING DEPOSIT is required to hold a booking for the tour, at the time of your reservation.
Final Payment : Payment in full is required 90 days (3 months) prior to departure (Payment Due : 18 March 2013)
We look forward to hosting you on this very special Balinese experience. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate in contacting us.
[The Tuscany Villa Cooking Tour (MAY 2009)] was a very memorable experience.Shaun
3 places remaining - Book Now
2 places remaining - Book Now
3 places remaining - Book Now
6 places remaining - Book Now
7 places remaining - Book Now
- More upcoming classes